Jeff’s Place is Hiring a Clinician
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
SUMMARY: The Clinician is responsible for assisting the Clinical Director in planning, managing, and supervising all clinical aspects of Jeff’s Place.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive, safe, nurturing environment for our grieving families to feel supported
- Oversee and facilitate bereavement support-groups; including planning and process notes
- Plan and develop curricula for training the team of Jeff’s Place facilitators
- Conduct intakes with families; provide initial assessments for program readiness
- Provide individual or family counseling with bereaved clients
- Build collaborative relationships with schools and local organizations to strengthen programming
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation of the Jeff’s Place program; inform the Clinical Director in a timely manner about problems, needs, and suggestions for program improvements
- Supervise facilitators, interns, and volunteers when appropriate
- Stay current in the area of bereavement through research, reading, and training
*on average, 1-2 evenings required per week; July and August work 20 hours/week.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Ability to provide clinically sound treatment services based on client needs
- Ability to respond to a range of clients’ needs using a variety of treatment approaches
- Ability to make appropriate referrals to the Clinical Director and outside agencies
- Ability to maintain clinical records in timely compliance
An Expressive Therapist, Social Worker, or Child Life Specialist with a background in group support, and at least three years of professional experience working with children, teens and adults. Additional qualifications include:
- A specialty in dance movement therapy preferred
- An understanding of the grief process, and experience working with children who have experienced loss
- Training in expressive-arts therapy, including the use of art, music, and movement in working with children (preferable)
- LMHC (or LMHC eligible) preferred
- Excellent oral-communication and interpersonal skills for working with clients, volunteers, and staff
Wage commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits & PTO Package.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Applications accepted until 7/26.
Applicants will be contacted in early August.