REPORTS TO: Clinical Director STATUS: approximately 8 hours per month
SUMMARY: Clinicians are responsible for facilitating support groups for grieving children, teens, or adults. Training dates are September 10 and September 11 from 9 – 5
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To facilitate support groups for grieving children, teens, or adults bimonthly on Monday evenings, Tuesday evenings, Thursday afternoon or evenings, or potentially Sunday afternoons.
- To participate in an extensive training program focusing on working with and understanding the needs of bereaved children and teens, as well as ongoing professional development training opportunities.
- To participate and provide clinical expertise in pre and post sessions with other volunteers, clinicians, interns, and staff prior and after the evening grief groups.
- To plan group activities, in conjunction with staff, that meets the needs of the grieving children, teens, or adults.
- To complete clinical notes directly following grief support groups.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Ability to provide clinically sound treatment services based on client needs.
- Ability to respond to a range of clients’ needs using a variety of treatment approaches.
- Ability to make appropriate referrals to staff.
- Ability to maintain clinical records in timely compliance.
Master’s Degree in Expressive Arts Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, or related discipline from an accredited educational institution. Independent licensure preferred.
Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org