Looking for a Therapist to Add to Our Village!
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director STATUS: Full-Time
(*only work 20 hr/week July -August)
SUMMARY: The Clinician is responsible for assisting the Clinical Director in planning,
managing, and supervising all clinical aspects of Jeff’s Place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide positive, safe, nurturing environment for our grieving families to feel supported
- Oversee and facilitate bereavement support-groups; including planning and process notes
- Plan and develop curricula for training the team of Jeff’s Place facilitators
- Conduct intakes with families; provide initial assessments for program readiness
- Provide individual or family counseling with bereaved clients
- Build collaborative relationships with schools and local organizations to strengthen
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation of the Jeff’s Place program; inform the Clinical Director in a
timely manner about problems, needs, and suggestions for program improvements
- Supervise facilitators, interns, and volunteers when appropriate
- Stay current in the area of bereavement through research, reading, and training
*1-2 evenings required per week; July and August work 20 hours/week- no evenings summer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Ability to provide clinically sound treatment services based on client needs
- Ability to respond to a range of clients’ needs using a variety of treatment approaches
- Ability to make appropriate referrals to the Clinical Director and outside agencies
- Ability to maintain clinical records in timely compliance
An Expressive Therapist, Social Worker, or Child Life Specialist with a background in group
support, and at least three years of professional experience working with children, teens and
adults. Additional qualifications include:
- An understanding of the grief process, and experience working with children who have
experienced loss (preferable)
- Training in expressive-arts therapy, including the use of art, music, and movement in working
with children (preferable)
- Independent licensure or eligibility (preferable)
- Excellent oral-communication and interpersonal skills for working with clients, volunteers,
Wage commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits & PTO Package.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Start date: August 15.