INVENTORY of YOUTH ADAPTATION to LOSS Information
If you are interested in applying to use the IYAL assessment tool, please fill out the form below and click submit.
Jeff’s Place is thankful to Alex Cares for Grieving Youth for their generous grant for this project! https://www.youthresilience.org
The Inventory of Youth Adaptation to Loss (IYAL) was developed to understand the feelings and social supports experienced by bereaved youth to develop an evidence-base for bereavement interventions.
Goals of this project:
- Test the psychometric properties of the revised IYAL, which consists of 40 five-point likert-scale items that are comprised of six sub-scales.
- Collect data in a pre/post design (late Fall and early Spring for school year programs and beginning/end of closed ended groups- typically 8-12 sessions).
- Analyze aggregate data across all organizations (pre/post). A report will be provided to all participating organizations summer 2019.
- Analyze aggregate data within each organization (pre/post). A report will be provided to all participating organizations summer 2019 with data specific to their organization.
- Collect program data as well as deceased data to determine relationships as well as to develop a central repository of information on childhood bereavement for future research.
Requirements for organizational participation:
- At least 100 youth between the ages of 9-17. *If your organization has your own device for data collection, then a reduced number of youth is fine.
- Must utilize the full version of the IYAL.
- Must be responsible for the cost of shipping any devices provided by Jeff’s Place back to Jeff’s Place at the conclusion of data collection.
- Must sign the sub-license agreement.
*Applications are due October 8th by 5:00pm EST. Organizations will be notified of decisions by October 15th. The goal is to complete data collection for the fall no later than November 2018 (ideally October 2018).
Questions? Please contact Jenny Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about using the Inventory of Youth Adaptation to Loss, please email Jenny Kaplan Schreiber at email@example.com.